Wednesday 25 April 2007

Some Colourful Fungi

Woke early and went for a walk before breakfast on Anzac Day and found a few interesting looking fungi. The first two species were found growing here where I live, which makes about eight or nine that I've seen.

I came across this pink one which I've not seen before. It has one trait which I didn't note until I'd taken the pic, the edge of the gills are the same colour as the top.





This is possibly a Russula species,
could be Russula persanguinea.
(my thanks to Elfram for the ID)





Then I found this one which was a bit nondescript above but magic from below







A walk in the afternoon was glorious in the autumn sun and I made a couple of interesting finds.

Not sure what this brown one is, however it is so distinctive in appearance that I think it should be relatively easy to identify. I'll post an ID as soon as I have one









On the way home I came across a small group of fungi that had been overwhelmed by a mould of some description. They smelt even more revolting than they looked.









Well it is now the 27th of April and there is some more rain falling, soft but steady and enough to do some good. Should soon be a lot more fungi popping their heads up so that I can shove a lens at them. I'll keep you posted

No comments: