Sunday 6 May 2007

A Little Brown Spider

Came across a little spider the other day which I'm also yet to find a species. I think it may well be one of the Slender Sac Spiders of the genus Cheiracanthium of which there are about15 Australian species belonging to the Miturgidae family, or long-legged sac spiders. Cheiracanthium was formerly placed in the family Clubionidae.

He was nothing special, just a drab little brown critter sitting on a piece of bark. Not very big, the body would be around 9mm long.







-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still had no joy in getting an ID on the little white moth from my last post, I'm going to see if I can find someone that I can email my images to. I really would like to find out what it is.

I have managed to get the names for a few of the fungi which I've come across in recent weeks, so I must thank those members of a particular forum that have helped me make identifications. Now I must get organised and update my files and captions for images.

No comments: